How to submit your own stuff ?
Keeping the SoThatWeMayBeFree database up to date is something that takes a lot of time, which is why I now offer you an add form in a few steps which, in addition to saving me time, will allow you to participate and see your additions much faster.
No worries, everything is explained below! And to make your job easier, the process has been simplified as much as possible.
The guide below uses a specific configuration file which allows you to take screenshots in just a few clicks, you need to download SoSubmit.cfg Then paste it on /SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo/cfg/.
In order to guarantee uniformity throughout the navigation of the site, your game must be configured as follows:
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Viewmodel: Default
- net_graph: Hidden
- Color changer: Disabled
- Side: Terrorist
- Model: Default
- Gloves: Default
- Weapons: Glock only
- Bomb: Must be dropped
CS: GO no longer allowing to see the trajectories of grenades on a dedicated server, screenshots must be taken on a local server. To launch it, follow the steps below:
- On CS:GO, click on the Play Button.
- Select Practice with bots on the top left dropdown list.
- Choose the Competitive tab and be sure to select No bots on the right dropdown list.
- Choose the map you want and launch it with Go.
- Once you have selected the Terrorist side, open the console command and type exec SoSubmit.cfg.
Your local server is started, you are now ready to take your screenshots.
1. The Third Person's screenshot
- Equip the grenade you are going to throw.
- Place yourself where you throw the grenade.
- Aim for the most optimal location used to position yourself.
- Press O, screenshot with L then release O.
- You can move your camera on the vertical axis to make the screenshot easier to understand.
2. The First Person's screenshot
- Keep the exact same position as before.
- If you moved your camera, reposition it correctly.
- Press K, screenshot with L then release K.
3. The View's screenshot
- Aim at the exact spot to throw the grenade.
- Press P, screenshot with L then release P.
4. The Preview's screenshot
- Launch your grenade then press N to fly.
- Fly to the place where your grenade exploded (Use the Walk button to slow down).
- Press N to stop flying.
- Position yourself correctly to take the last screenshot (See below).
- Press K, screenshot with L then release K.
Preview specification per grenade
For the preview's screenshot, the parameters vary slightly according to the type of grenade, here is the list:
- Stand on the correct side to see as much as possible how the smoke blocks your view.
- Make the smoke take up about 75% of the width of the screenshot.
- Take the screenshot as quickly as possible so that the smoke does not see its dissipated effect.
- Position yourself slightly high to see the full area of effect (You can use the N key to fly).
- Take the screenshot as quickly as possible to see the full effect.
- Position yourself at the place where the enemy will be flashed (If several positions are possible, choose the most common place).
- Aim at the exact location of the explosion of the flasbang, an icon will be added automatically to the center of the image.
3. Ingame throw
In order to guarantee reliable data, the grenade must now be launched on the dedicated server. This allows me to retrieve several useful information and pre-fill the add form.
- Connect to the server using this link (Otherwise, paste the following command in your console: password stwmbf; connect stwmbf.on.vg:27015;).
- Choose the T side (You will be forced to do so anyway).
- Launch your grenade, and verify that your chat's informations are correct.
- If there are no errors, confirm. Otherwise, cancel and relaunch your grenade.
If the current map is not the one you need, you can start a map change using the command !somap.
All you have to do now is to confirm the addition of the grenade by filling out the form. Most of the information are already filled in, it will only take you a few moments.
- Go to "My submits" page, you will find the list of your pending stuff there. (It can take a few minutes).
- Select the stuff you want to add.
- Confirm the pre-filled informations and fill in the remaining fields.
- If possible, fill in the From and To fields with the suggestions.
- Insert your screenshots with the help of placeholders.
- If necessary, modify the crosshair so that it indicates the different landmarks used to launch the grenade.
- Once validated, you just have to wait for confirmation, thank you!